Mount School, The

The Mount School was founded in 1785 in Trinity Lane. In 1831 it was established as the York Friends’ Girls’ School after a move to Castlegate, and in 1857 the school relocated to its present location on Dalton Terrace, on the outskirts of the York.

Its pupils have included the daughters of many leading Quakers families from the Victorian era, including the Tukes, Cadburys, and Rowntrees.

The school motto is Fidelis in Parvo, meaning “faithfulness in small things”.

 

References

Sarah Sheils, Among Friends. The Story of the Mount School York here.

External Links

The Mount School http://www.mountschoolyork.co.uk/